A big shout goes out to all our suppliers and hard-working staff members who contributed towards the contents of this website, and those who have worked tirelessly with us over the years. Thank you.
Thanks to Nathan de Rozarieux of Tegen Mor Fisheries Consultants for keeping us on the right track and supporting our events. Hopefully there’ll be many more!
Fishing methods page: Some of the text on this page has been replicated and edited, with permission, using the Marine Conservation Society (MCS) “Good Fish Guide” (2003), “Commercial fishing methods: an introduction to vessels and gears”, Sainsbury J C (1996) Third Edition, “Fishing” News Books, Oxford, and “Commercial fishing: the wider ecological impacts”, Edited by G Moore & S Jennings (2000), Blackwell Science Ltd.
Newlyn Market and Day boats pages: Some of the text on these pages has been quoted, with permission, from Cornish Fishing and Seafood by Carol Trewin, with photographs by Adam Woolfitt, published by Alison Hodge to support the Duchy Fish Quota Company. Thank you.
Site content creation and words completed by Jakki Magowan at Narrative Junction www.narrativejunction.co.uk.
For a fascinating insight into the Cornish fishing industry we highly recommend Carol Trewin’s Cornish Fishing and Seafood, (Alison Hodge, 2005). Available for purchase from the Duchy Fish Quota Company.
- Clarke, B (2002), Good Fish Guide: the ultimate consumer guide to eating ‘eco-friendly fish, (MCS)
- Seafish Authority, (2009), The Seafood Guide
- Seafish Authority, (2004), The Consumer’s Guide to Sea Fish
Design & Imagery
- Thanks to Fergus Muller and Will Fairey at Ki Design for creating our fantastic website
- Thanks to Mike Newman of Ocean Image for his excellent photography that appears throughout this site
- Thanks to the chefs and establishments who kindly donate their fish and seafood recipes and dish imagery
- Testimonial page and Chef Hub page: Image of Rick Stein with chefs, courtesy of Rebecca Bernstein
- Smoke house page: Image courtesy of Alfred Enderby
- Aquaculture & farming page: Image courtesy of Loch Duart
- Fishing methods page: Images courtesy of Seafish
- Events page: Image courtesy of Falriver Cornwall
- Shop page: Cockle image courtesy of Benjamin Feron
- Shop page: Salmon image courtesy of Kelly Dean Yandell